Followers

Monday, February 10, 2014

Macabre Monday # 182 Frightening Fairies

Hi all, time for a new challenge at Haunted Design House, theme is Frightening Fairies.....

Had to think a bit what to make of that, but thought to try the aging a book using tissue paper thing. I've seen it around on the internet and it's a pretty easy way to age a book, messy but easy.

Now what I have done is not that original, I saw simular things by people using the tissue paper technique, but it was on my "to try list" so I thought to give it a go and make a Fairy Book.




supply list:
DECOART products:
Americana Acrylic Gesso, Americana Decoupage, Dura Clear Matte Varnish.
Metallic Lustres : Champagne Ice, Blackshimmer, Iced Espresso
Elegant finish Metallic Glaze: One world Patina and Renaissance brown
Americana Acrylics : Lamp black
A hard cover notebook, a plastic skellie, tissue paper, cardstock , Tim Holtz die Wings

First add a layer of decoupage on the cover of the book, crumple the tissue paper and add it to the book, while doing that add more decoupage using an old paintbrush. Let dry, and do all sides of the book, fold over the edges and glue the overlapping pieces the same way, careful not to glue the pages together.

Apply Gesso when decoupage is dry. Cut the wings. When gesso is dry, paint the book black.
After the black paint is dry glue the wings and the skellie on, use decoupage for the wings. For the skellie I use glue that is suitable for plastic.  Let dry. Add Matte varnish over the entire front of the book, also over the wings and the skellie.

Paint the skellie and the wings black when varnish is dry. Let things dry for a while and  add the lustres to the bookcovers. The Skellie was painted with the Elegant finishes and the were also put on the cover, and whiped away again using a baby whipe to get the effect I wanted

go over the HDH to see what the other minions created, and join the challenge. Have fun







5 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this Mo! The metallic lustres are so gorgeous and the whole idea is brilliant! Fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Mo! I love it. Thanks for making me want to get off my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Mo I love it but the poor fairy :( I like fairies :)
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  4. This technique is also on my "to try" list. LOVE how you made a smashed fairy on the front. Well, he looks smashed, anyway. Ooops! I hope I didn't give away my project idea for next week. Thanks for the inspiration, Mo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome alteration, Mo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete